Thursday, January 8, 2009

A TOC

The chief guide book we'll be using to start is Samuel Gardiner's 10-volume History of England from the Accession of James I. to the Outbreak of the Civil War. The edition is that of 1900, as digitized by Microsoft, rendered as text by The Internet Archive, and formatted in html (XHTML 1.0 Transitional) by me. The Gardiner text, and much of the other material that will be linked from this blog, are stored at fooguru.org .

I will be proofing the History and other texts as we go along, so you may see some typos if you get too far ahead. Feel free to report them as you find them.

I don't intend to follow Gardiner down all the paths he knows, but many of the choices are tempting. Take a look at this Table of Contents for the first two volumes. If there are any tours that are particularly appealing to you, let me know. Otherwise, I'll be following the paths that most appeal to me.

Next post: A very little bit of historiography.

No comments:

Post a Comment